Peonies :-)

It feels like this week has lasted a month.

We had the life changing event of losing Aaron's sweet grandpa, Buster, a week ago today. Since then we've gathered for family dinners, attended the visitation, and of course the funeral- which was a very nice service.

Grandpa Buster wasn't just a "sweet old man." He was more than that. He was wise, thoughtful, caring, creative, humorous, and an amazing story teller. He also was a big supporter of Aaron and I's relationship. We were lucky to have him marry us and we look forward to watching our wedding video this year on our anniversary and remembering him.

Unfortunately Grandpa never got to meet L and C....but I know he has probably already paid them a visit in their dreams. It is comforting to know Grandpa is in heaven with his mom and dad and with his son that didn't have a chance to get to know him. Until we meet all again in heaven, I know he will be making up for lost time with him.

I've had the last two days off. Truly perfect timing because I was shot in so many ways. I've gotten rest and some little things done around the house. But what a tease it has been. I'm excited for summer.

Those of you who know me well, know I get stressed easily...so having this break will give me a break from my neurotic self! Well to some extent.

Landen and Caroline couldn't be any better! They are just the most fantastic and funny little people I know. They are busy walking, pounding food, and playing hard! In less than a month their little toes will be touching the sand and their eyes will be seeing one of God's most beautiful sights!

While it has not been the best week, I know Grandpa Buster wouldn't want us to loose sight of all the wonderful things around us and the life we still have to live.

We will soon be planting some peonies in our garden to remember Grandpa and all the gifts God provides us with each and every day. And eventually we will all catch up again!

Lots of Love from our Home to Yours,

A & D
L & C





















Comments