Life with toddler twins

I have to begin where I left off in my last post. Our March of Dimes team did a fantastic job raising money and we had a wonderful time walking that day. It's an important reminder to Aaron and I of where we came from and the struggles others have. We were certainly blessed by having healthy babies with very little issues. Thank you to all who donated and support us we look forward to walking again next year! 

So life with toddler twins.... I have to say I'm having to work really hard at being a good parent right now.  Landen and Caroline are nonstop-no different than any other toddler I'm sure. In order to write this blog, which I love doing,  I am utilizing voice recognition on my phone in order to type. So please ignore any misspellings or typos. 

Life with L and C-
It's morning in our household and I am on summer break. We just returned from our family vacation to Grayton Beach in Florida and we are recuperating by resting on the couch. I am currently holding Landen while he watches Sheriff Callie, keeping an eye on Caroline while she destroys her brothers train set, and trying to drink my morning coffee that has been warmed up two times. 

Since vacation I found that Landen and Caroline love my attention and want my attention- ALL THE TIME! It's mama this and mama that. Don't they know daddy exists anymore?? We have moments of fighting,screaming, yelling, temper tantrums, throwing toys,hair pulling and lots of "breaks" for when these behaviors occur. Anyone want to have a play date? Lol๐Ÿ˜œ

With the bad comes plenty of good. They are working on saying please and thank you. They both help with throwing trash away , vacuuming and helping get things for each other. They're always willing to help if asked. They know when to say I'm sorry and when to give each other hugs. 

I love when Landen invites me to the couch and pats showing me he wants me to sit with him. Caroline shows her love when giving you a hug and she pats you on the back, usually with a smile. It's exciting to see Landen tinker with his truck...trying to fix it with a screwdriver. I love the Caroline keeps us on our toes.. She is adventurous and brave. She often times likes to push they limits by scaling couches and other furniture. 


While it's crazy most times than not around  here, I have to say it's fun watching them become bigger kids. I'm excited every time they say a few words together, when they do something clever, and when they giggle and laugh when I'm being silly or when there something funny on TV.  I love that they get 'it.'

Can I Be 'Real' for a Minute? 

I know I'm not the first person on earth with twins but for me it's a first.  Being a working mother to twins,two dogs and a wife I find myself extremely overwhelmed a lot of the time (part of that is personality) I've never done this before and I know I only get this one chance to do it right. Did I mention I am a perfectionist with OCD tendencies? Well I used to be and the perfectionist in me tries to come out ๐Ÿ˜‰ It seems like anymore have have good intentions of doing lots of awesome things but they only get half accomplished or not accomplished at all. That makes me nuts! 

It seems like these days I question how good of a parent I am being. I am definitely a slacker in many areas. There are times I am on my phone way too much and I can't help but want to sit down while the kids watch TV -for llike an hour. I gave out dum dums on vacation like I owned the company-praying they would let us get through a meal together. 
(I have never shoveled food into my mouth so fast in my life!)

Being a teacher and reading parent magazines (when I have a chance) I know I should be doing this and that and reading and doing activities to help them develop.  I want to do all these things for my children but sometimes time and energy are lacking.  My hope is showing them love  and having manners will get them far in life. 

We are so thankful and very grateful my mom provids Landen and Caroline with a rich learning environment when they are with her during the school year. She has taught them so much๐Ÿ˜… she is an amazing teacher! I will do my best mom to make sure they do not regress over the summer๐Ÿ˜œ

Since I began writing this post, I have yet to finish my coffee but have gone on a 'moose hunt,' played in a castle, refereed wrestlemania, pretend to be lions, brushes teeth, changed diapers,distributed money to put in piggy banks (well showed them how to crack their bank open since I had no change today-that's a life skill right?),repaired a castle, convinced Landen that the sand on the bottom of his boot is a good thing and have given lots of hugs, kisses, and smiles. Someone please tell me I'm doing something right here! ๐Ÿ˜œ

I'm certainly not alone in this journey of raising Landen and Caroline. My husband literally is AMAZING. He wasn't just fantastic in the beginning he has been our family's rock since before the twins were born. He supports me through my ups and downs, all my doubts, and all the good and bad. He takes over when I've had enough and does bedtime every night-giving me a break. He meal plans, grocery shops, and helps around the house...did I mention he is almost done with an amazing patio?! He deserves an award of some sort...much love to you Aaron! 

To those who are  single moms and dads and grandparents who are raising their grandchildren, I admire you. You never get a break. That is something I don't think I could do without. 

 I may not be able to write big posts like todays, I hope to post pictures of our summer vacation together throughout the next couple of months. 

Love and Hugs,

Danielle




Comments