From the Heart

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lTBxjyI4EwAE_dH2A9DcgHTaoIqiAE5J
Have you heard about love languages? If you haven’t had the chance to read it, it’s a must. I started thinking about love languages today and how I show my love towards my family. I love to snuggle them (even the dog demands it-ha!) but something about putting down a good meal on the table is super satisfying. It hasn’t always been that way though. 

Ever since moving out to the “middle” I found a love for baking and cooking. I don’t know if it was because when we first moved in we had to gut the kitchen and I was sick of having food from the only two places near us or if the house kinda gets what the house wants (old houses seem to get what they want even when you fight them-old house lovers will get this). You see, at our old house we had a generous size kitchen and you could never find me in it. I had every kitchen tool that had been gifted to us from our wedding and maybe they were used occasionally or by Aaron for a big meal but other than that they stayed put. 

Flash forward to today and most of the time I’m situated in our tiny kitchen making a meal, whipping up snacks or baking a treat.  There are not many things that I can be in control of these days (especially in a house of 6-dogs are family members here) and the kitchen is somewhat of a place of peace where I can be productive, creative and provide and from that comes a great sense of accomplishment in the days that sometime seem to just blur together.

Knowing the days are long but the years are short keep me living more in the moment and less distracted by the things that are less significant or only a distraction to what’s really important.  Searching your heart and finding a way to show your love to your family is such a satisfying thing to do. Maybe you’re not a baker, but you are an awesome gardener and you can share that talent with your family and provide at the same time. Or maybe you are super good at drawing, telling stories, or being a really good listener. What we do on a daily basis for our family doesn’t need to be radical.  All it needs to be is genuine and it needs to come from the heart. 

What’s your love language? How do you show your love for your family?

xo
Danielle 




Comments