We've got a wiggly boy!

Hello there! How was your Thanksgiving?! Ours was great! Aaron was off on Wednesday, so I did some cooking with Caroline and Aaron and Landen ran some errands for us. Aaron also found time to somehow paint two walls in our house. Needless to say, I was, and am still excited about having some more color in our house! We also managed to get our Christmas shopping done all on Saturday morning while sitting on the couch! I love being able to shop online!

Thanksgiving day was good. A little hectic but not bad at all. It's a lot of work to entertain and I have to say I slept good that night. Landen's teeth continued to bother him some. He has five and a sixth one is working it's way down. So he was up the night of Thanksgiving. Needless to say, not much sleep for an early morning the next day.

For the past twenty years, my family has had the tradition of going to Indiana to a tree farm and cutting down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. So, like every year-this year with two little ones (!), we got up early, had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and we headed out to Sheet's Tree Farm. Following our hunt, we stopped for lunch. Then in the evening we went over to my parent's house where we had pizza, chips and dip, veggies, punch, coffee, and desserts....and we enjoy all of these things while watching Christmas Vacation and Home Alone.  Did I mention my mom has her house decorated to the 9's for this night. My parents go above and beyond to make this night a true kick off to the Christmas Season and what it is all about-being together as a family and celebrating Jesus' birthday....I will be forever grateful to my parents for such a special tradition they started and that we will continue to do with our children too!

The twins are great! Caroline continues to be very verbal, lovable, and smiley and Landen is cutting teeth left and right and beginning to crawl! This kiddo is amazing..you would never know either of them were preemies. They are also eating like crazy! They are hungry! They continue to devour squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, avacado, and apple. They are machines!

I have to tell you, as the weeks go by and L and C are more active, I begin to feel the "mother of twins" pains- Good ones of course!  I think pure exhaustion is my biggest challenge right now. While I am just absolutly tired at the end of the day, I always go to sleep happy and ready to do it again in the morning.  I am still extremly thankful for the gifts God gave us 7 months ago.


Lots of Love and HUGS!








Comments