Whew...

This morning is starting off a little more like the past several weeks have been. Which is somewhat refreshing..I have to say I'm missing my big bright "corner suite" with all the windows. There is a bathroom in my room, but no shower-err (I really like my own space and having things to myself). But there is a shower down the hall. I have yet to find out from the Dr. if I can use it since I'm not really allowed out of the bed. I'm hoping that changes today so my hips can recover.  

 I do, however, have a MUCH bigger TV in this room...so I guess I'll be watching it a little more. My room is also private, with a decent amount of room. So I'm thanking God for not being with someone else. I did get to eat dinner at like ten o'clock last night. It was my first meal in about 38 hours- I wasn't counting or anything :) I have already had breakfast this morning and have a Starbucks in hand...it's the small things that help you cope.

I have also gotten to see Aaron a little more. The Dr. said he should stay close by so our fabulous family have been taking care of our dogs so Aaron could stay put with me. He's slept here the past two night and will continue to do that tonight and probably the next night...it's nice to have company. He did go back to work today which luckily is just five minutes away. While he's at work, my mom will be with me in case something changes.

I am struggling to adjust to all of these fast changes that have occurred over the last thirty-six hours...I think I have digested not knowing when the twins are coming now, and that it will be sooner than later. It's just so weird that I went from being on meds and still having contractions to no medicine and no contractions. It's mind boggling. The nurse was just kidding with me that by the end of the day the rate I'm going things will be all closed up and I'll be "back to normal."  Where twenty-four hours ago my contractions were every two minutes and it was looking like we were going to deliver.....gosh the body is crazy!

The harder part is just the bed rest and figuring out what I can do over in this part of the woods (high risk area of labor and delivery).  My Dr. yesterday was very limiting but that was yesterday. I was just taken off my epidural, fluids, and antibiotic (that made my feet swell up like crazy!!) late last night. I still have the tubing in place for "fast action" if I were to have a sudden change like the other day.

With all of these changes and many unknowns for me today I'm not up for visitors. I need some time like I did in the beginning to have some quiet and rest. For anyone who knows me, I am a planner and like to have some control over things that occur in my life....right now I'm feeling a lack of control. Knowing I won't have any pop in visitors in my current situation actually helps me to relax.  It's just one less thing I have to worry about. I don't mean to hurt any ones feelings, but it's just what I need right now.

I suppose that is it for now. I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful hot weather I keep hearing about :)

Love and Hugs

Danielle


Comments