9 weeks...Lots to share :-)

We've been here 9 weeks now! The past couple of days have been busy...I should have posted sooner! So today's blog is long!

This past weekend was busy for our family and friends. Saturday was my sister's wedding shower and we had another family shower on Sunday.  Aaron has been busy working the past two weekends getting things ready at the house.  We've been lucky to have a lot of help from family who have been working on the nursery,cleaning the house, doing yard work, caring for our dogs, and even detailing our car (THANKS LUKE!)so we are ready to go at any minute with the twins. As soon as the finishing touches are done on the nursery I'll post some pictures, but here are some pics from the shower:

Check these cool cupcakes out! Shannon and Louie did an awesome job on these beautiful fish to go with our nautical nursery theme! Thank you!!

I had a special visitor come from church yesterday! She delivered a beautiful afghan made by our prayer group for us! It is SO cool! We are so touched to receive such a special and thoughtful gift!! I've had it on my bed my Dr. and all the nurses that have been in and out of my room have been admiring how beautiful it is. Thank you to all who worked on our afghan and who have been praying for us! We really appreciate it and we are excited to bring the twins to meet you all!!

Here is a pic:


So what's the latest??.....The Dr.'s have decided to continue doing weekly tests for preeclampsia. Right now I have gestational hypertension which they say is typically the beginning of preeclampsia.  My blood pressure is very irregular which makes doesn't make it so cut and dry to even say I have gestational hypertension, but since it has been up for awhile now, that's what I have been diagnosed with.

So we are headed to 34 weeks this Friday. My Dr. today said come next week this time, Landen and Caroline will be good and ready for delivery. She said with the steroids we've had and the fact that twins develop a little quicker they will be looking around week 35 3/4 for a reason to deliver. By that time the high blood pressure will probably be our reason.
She also said if she didn't know I was 5cm she would send me home now, but along with her, we know we can't do that.  I did ask if they would make me sit here until 36-38 weeks before delivering and she told me not to think that far out....Just think about today...however, she said surely God will intervene before then..Our conversation usually ends with her saying "I'm here if you need me, but don't need me" and today she said "I'm here if you need me, and we'll leave it at that." 

I don't have any appointments this week until Friday. Next Tuesday is our growth scan. My plan for this week is to continue to go outside every day and bake in the sun since it's supposed to rain this weekend...I'm hoping the clouds will clear up for today ;-)

Welp, I believe that is it...while I slept really good last night, I am sleepy already...time for a short nap before lunch with mom and a pedicure and manicure ;-)

Comments

  1. All good news! Lou & I were just talking about you at dinner last night and how we can't wait for you to get home (you, too, I'm sure!).

    The cupcakes are adorable. I've seen those on Pinterest.

    Sending happy thoughts...

    Annie & Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annie! It's always good to hear from you!! Can't wait for the babes to meet you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us, too. I was just thinking the other day how deserving you two are of these two gifts - your love is so immense and have so much to share!

      Delete

Post a Comment