Now What?

Well my contractions have been quiet, but don't you know there has to be something else to keep us on our toes.  The past few days now,  I've been having headaches and my blood pressure has been above normal. So today, I was tested for preeclampsia.  If you aren't familiar, preeclampsia  is when a pregnant woman develops high blood pressure and protein in the urine after the 20th week (late 2nd or 3rd trimester) of pregnancy.  It's common to have this with multiples but isn't ideal by any means because it's not safe for the babies or me...if it gets bad enough the Dr.s will induce me. 

As for today's blood tests, they came back negative. Which is great, however, my blood pressure is still up and my other symptoms persist. With that being said, I will be tested again in two to three days. Sometimes preeclampsia will hit right away or it can be slow to develop.  So I'm now trying to wrap my brain around the thought of being induced...the wait and see game isn't fun...the anticipating just keeps me on edge...I'm not so worried anymore about the babies and their development, however, I would love to make it to 34 weeks...which as long as nothing else happens between now and then, it's totally doable.

On a totally different note, I had a great day with mom :) She came with Servattii's for lunch, polished my nails, and took me out of my room for a good hour. We tried it outside for like five minutes and the wind picked up and the clouds blew in so we sat in the lobby and hung out. It was a really nice day. I really needed her and the pampering on a day like this!

I'll be sure to let you know how anymore tests go!

Comments

Post a Comment